Monday, August 26, 2013

Yellow leaves and a spot of mudlarking

 
Yesterday Mr. Millicent Crow and I were standing in the rain at Pt Chev beach cackling like a couple of hyenas.  We'd walked to the beach to gather seaweed for me to draw and as I was pouncing on new exciting bits to add to my collection I realised my hands were already full of rosehips I'd picked up on the way (also for drawing).  Too many treasures!  Pretty much alone on the beach, getting soaked through, it suddenly seemed to be a pretty eccentric way to spend a Sunday afternoon!  My slightly obsessive treasure collecting has led me to come home with pockets full of yellow leaves lately and I've finally painted them into a yellow leaf sampler to go with this one and this one.  Maybe a seaweed painting will be next on the agenda?

No comments:

Post a Comment