Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Left behind

Last week I didn't buy from the op shop:
I was tempted though.  Thinking about cutting off my toes to fit into those witchy pointy shoes made me remember how terrified Roald Dahl's The Witches made me when I was a kid.  Not the witches themselves, but the way the boy turned into a mouse...I spent a whole summer terrified I would turn into a mouse at an inopportune moment after my great aunt gave me some chocolate.  Not sure what an opportune moment to turn into a mouse would be, but I was too scared to tell anyone, and was particularly worried it might happen in the swimming pool.  I remember when the movie came out lots of people were scared of the way the witches looked, but it was always the fear of turning into a mouse for me.  Maybe that's why I'm not a big chocolate eater to this day. 

How about you, left any tempting goodies behind at the op shop lately?  Had any good op shop finds lately?  Were you similarly traumatised by that book?

No comments:

Post a Comment